We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.
– Colossians 1: 28
To find out more about C.O.R.D.S., please check out:
The WDM is simple — all you need to do is to avail yourself to participate in the learning sessions and activities selected for the five Faith Catalyst Environments — C.O.R.D.S. — and you will discover the wonderful and fulfilling life that God has intended for each of us individually and all of us collectively!
Download the D&N Curriculum Catalogue here.
- Companions in Christ
- D&N Core Series
- Word Alive!
- Word Alive! Mid-Week Teaching Session
- Creation Care
- Media Centres
Companions in Christ
CIC is a 28-session journey that moves through five parts: Christian journey, scripture, prayer, call, and spiritual guidance. Through the journey, you will:
- explore the depths of Scripture, learn to listen to God through it, and allow your life to be shaped by the Word;
- experience new dimensions of prayer, try fresh ways of opening to God, and learn what it means to practise the presence of God;
- reflect on Christ’s call in your life and discover anew the gifts that God is giving you for living out your personal ministry;
- grow together with fellow participants as a Christian community and gain skills in learning how small groups in the church become settings for spiritual guidance.
The success of the main CIC programme has led the course originators to introduce the following shorter modules:
- Exploring the Way (7 sessions)
- The Way of Forgiveness (9 sessions)
- The Way of Blessedness (10 sessions)
- The Way of Grace (10 sessions)
- The Way of Prayer (11 sessions)
- The Way of Discernment (11 sessions)
- The Way of Scripture (8 sessions)
- The Way of Transforming Discipleship (7 sessions)
The Discipleship & Nurture (D&N) Committee has offered the first two shorter modules and will be starting two classes on The Way of Blessedness next year. Other than Exploring the Way, which is open to all, the other seven shorter modules are only open to those who have completed the main 28-session CIC programme.
The entire CIC series focuses on participants' experiences of God and discovery of spiritual practices that help them to share more fully in the life of Christ. It aims to help participants grow spiritually by enabling them to immerse themselves through the spiritual disciplines of prayer, scripture, ministry, worship, study and Christian conversation.
All the resources in the series explore classic spiritual practices and invite participants to develop daily patterns that open their lives to more authentic and deeper relationships with God and with one another.
Once a Companion, always a Companion!
DISCIPLE is a four phased Bible Study programme that aims to transform lives, not merely to be informative of God’s Word. Living transformed lives means we grow from the infancy of just being believers to the maturity of becoming disciples. After all, Jesus commanded us to “make disciples of all nations”, and to do so requires of us to become disciples ourselves.
Truly, “If you make my word your home, you will indeed be my disciples.” (John 8:31, NJB)
About Precept Upon Precept (PUP)
- It is an in-depth study course on the books of the Bible. It gives us an opportunity to study the Word of God in an easy format.
- Length of time for each PUP module: between three and four months.
- Lesson format: 1. Individual homework 2. Group discussion 3. Video teaching
- Inductive Bible Study Method: Observation, Interpretation and Application.
Our mission is ‘to engage our students in inductive Bible study so as to have a deeper relationship with God’. A careful and thorough observation of the Bible text enables us to have an accurate interpretation of the Word of God. This in turn leads us to apply Scripture appropriately in our daily lives, resulting in our transformation into Christ-likeness.
At Precept@Wesley, we:
- encourage students to go beyond our classroom Bible study to share personal insights and applications with one another throughout the week;
- organise dinner fellowships;
- share testimonies of the work of God in our lives through the application of His Word.
What to Expect
We aim to expose our students to different biblical genres from the Old Testament and New Testament as the Bible study method varies slightly for different literature types.
Books studied since 2018:
1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Chronicles and Hebrews,
1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians
In an effort to offer depth in Bible studies to complement the breadth of the curriculum, Wesley is also working closely with the EQUIP (formerly CDCM, the Centre for the Development of Christian Ministry) of Trinity Theological College (TTC) in hosting their evening classes on our church premises.
EQUIP offers a Certificate and Licentiate programme for participants. These courses can be credited to the Certificate in Mission Practice and Certificate in Christian Ministry offered by TTC. EQUIP classes falls under the Scriptural Obedience environment.
There will be one 8-week course conducted on Wesley premises every quarter. These courses include biblical, theological, historical and missiological modules, designed for Christians who wish to equip themselves for personal growth and effective ministry, in overseas cross-cultural fields or Christian ministry.
The courses include:
- Issues in Christian Mission
- Cultural Anthropology
- Survey of Bible Doctrine
- Missio Dei: Historical & Holistic Perspectives
- Introducing World Religions
- Theology of Mission
- Old Testament Survey
- New Testament Survey
In 2019, courses that will be conducted in the four quarters include the following:
- Social Issues in the Minor Prophets
- Christian Witness in the World
- Missio Dei (or the Divine Mission).
The dates for the above modules will be published in Wesley Weekly.
Word Alive is a ministry that study the Scripture and allowing the Holy Spirit to ultimately gives us the understanding and revelation of Scripture. This ministry is hemmed by several teachers that have been ministering to the participants with their teachings.
Ms Harriet Ponnapa
Mid-Week Teaching Session
Anyone who wishes to take a break from day-to- day tasks to re-center on God's Word
1 to 3 hours/Periodical
Life Lessons in Hard Times From the Book of Ruth by Rev Benjamin Lee
Come & See: Meeting Jesus in John's Gospel (Chap 1-3) by Rev David Ho
The Last 3 Things by Rev Stanley Chua
Ecclesiastes Overview by Rev Raymond Fong
Worldviews by Rev Raymond Fong
Real-World Discipleship by Pastor Benny Ho
Christians In The Changing Marketplace
Overview on Romans
Predestination and Free Will
The Place of Israel In God's Plan of Salvation
Ministry work is using whatever God has gifted us to serve Him and others in our community. God wants us to use the gifts that He has given us to build up His Body and fulfil the needs in His Church Family.
Let’s be His priests (Rev 1:6) and serve in God’s Kingdom… but if you don’t know Where and What can you do...
SHAPE helps participants find matching areas of service through the discovery of their Spiritual gifts, Heart, Ability, Personality and Experience.
This course is made up of three parts:
|Part 1:||Complete and submit an essential pre-course homework.|
|Part 2:||Attend a three-hour class|
|Part 3:||Attend an interview session where a SHAPE interviewer will help to interpret your SHAPE results and recommend areas for you to exercise your spiritual gifts. Various interview time slots will be made available for you to select during the class.|
Prayer Walk @ Fort Canning
Prayer Walk @ Fort Canning is a self-guided prayer walk that can be done by yourself at any time of the day.
This walk is an opportunity for us to combine appreciation of the flora and fauna of God’s creation with intercession for the needs of our nation.
There will be a total of 10 stations in this prayer walk and the entire duration of the prayer walk will take 45 minutes to an hour walking in a contemplative pace.