They will still bear fruit in old age,they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, “The Lord is upright;he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.” - Psalm 92:14-15 (NIV)
Wesley GYM’s vision is to have Spirit-led seniors fulfilling God’s purposes; making disciples for Christ and be His channels of love and blessings.
Growing old gracefully may present us with many challenges but we believe God remains faithful in every change. His steadfast love has not always keep us from trials but sees us through them.
All the more, the need to anchor ourselves firmly in the unchanging truths of His Word daily will ensure us the joy of growing old with Him. This will result in a meaningful and fulfilling old age.
For seniors, having an active role in church can add purpose and meaning while building new and lasting friendships.
Wesley GYM has many “loving our neighbours” activities and events organised for senior participation.
- Bible Study Groups – presently, we have three bible study groups.
- Musical Groups – the ukulele and harmonica ensembles have made strides in progress over the years. Making music is an achievement for many and often brings joy to the learner and listener.
- Craft Group – the ladies passionately strives to add special touch in what they create … it’s meaningful to receive a handcrafted card or gift on certain occasions.
- Sewing Group – embroidery, patchwork or appliqués often bring back fond happy memories of old.
- Visitation / Bereavement Groups – making time to visit and listen brings comfort or smile to the sick or lonely. Walking alongside the bereaved in their time of loss is much needed.
- Wheels D’ Way Outing Group – the seniors serve with a heart & responsibility as they understand what it means to be on wheelchairs or confined to the home.
- Alpha Course Group – year after year they take time to walk through the Bible with a new convert with patience and consideration.
Through these activities, it’s our prayer that you will join us as we strive to build a vibrant community of caring and loving seniors for His glory and His Church.
We covet your prayers every step of the way as we run the race with eternity in view and to finish it well.
We’d love to connect and walk with you in this life’s journey. Talk to us and let us get to know you.